Rugby Development Officer and HPU Coach vacancy
7 December 2021
This unique opportunity has come about by the Incumbent accepting a rugby academy role overseas.
About New Brighton Rugby:
New Brighton Rugby Football Club was established in 1921 with strong values that have transcended 100 years. Our rugby club is entrenched in the wider community with generations of family members contributing to the heartbeat of the Gold and Black crest. In 2020 we affirmed our strong community link by joining the Eastern Community Sports & Recreational trust, creating the ECSR Hub. By doing this we have affiliated ourselves with a wide range of sporting and community groups to ensure the sustainability of our beloved club. In 2021 we fielded 5 senior and 19 junior teams into the CRFU competitions. We are extremely proud of our history, winning 4 championship banners, and look forward to continuing to enrich the lives of all our players and volunteers through rugby and friendships.
About the Role:
The Rugby Development Officer is a part-time role, approximately 25 hours a week, responsible for maximizing the potential of our coaches and players. The High-Performance Unit coach is an approximate 5 hour a week role responsible for mentoring and coaching our selected players with ambitions of representative rugby honors. These roles ideally would be filled by one person but we are open to separating the roles, depending on experience.
The RDO role will involve:
- Leading the development of the New Brighton Rugby program and ensuring our players, coaches and managers have opportunities to achieve higher honors
- Actively provide/seek professional development opportunities for our coaches and managers
- Leading the recruitment of new players and retention of existing players, coaches, and managers through all senior grades
- Assisting the junior club with strategic implementation
- Strategically plan and implement the off-season and preseason schedule in conjunction with our Premier coaches and HPU coach
- Provide rugby program budget requests annually to the finance committee
The HPU coach role will involve:
- To facilitate the development of systems and processes that will enhance the development of talented athletes through the High-Performance Program.
- Develop a strong working relationship with coaches of our premier and colts teams to ensure the program is complementing their needs and requirements.
- Work with each player to develop their IPP and Individual Video analytics for player development
- Coach technical and tactical skills to the players relevant to the group and team needs
- Lead coach of the off-season and pre-season training blocks
- Prepare and monitor budgets associated with the management and the ongoing operation of the High-Performance Units.
Skills and experience:
- Passionate about community rugby
- Be highly organized, confident and calm, with a self-driven mindset
- Experience in leading the delivery of rugby programs
- Be able to build effective working relationships across a diverse range of stakeholders
- Minimum of NZRU Level 2 qualified
- Be degree qualified (ideally in the Sport & Recreation field)
- Be NZRU Level 3 qualified
All Applicants must have the right to reside and work in New Zealand
To apply for this exciting role, either both or one of the above, please send a covering letter and cv detailing why you have what it takes to be successful in this role via seek.
For more information or to have a conversation about the role please contact Andy Gibson - 0274651790.
Applications close 14 January 2022 at 5:00 pm.
Interviews will take place before the closing date should an applicant stand out.